For more information regarding the position, visit the City of San Antonio's employment website at the following link for a complete job description and to submit your application:
- Collects, analyzes, and classifies data from within the Police Department for reporting purposes.
- Collects and coordinates information and intelligence.
- Reviews, clarifies, and corrects data to ensure reliability and validity.
- Facilitates the transfer of crime information between local, regional and federal agencies.
- Attends and participates in scheduled departmental and professional meetings as needed.
- Acts as a resource and liaison between division and various departments within COSA as well as external contacts such as local, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares detailed reports to leadership as requested.
- Thinks critically, questions assumptions, and avoids bias with respect to sources, research methods, and document creation.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business
Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of statistical or business analysis preferably in public administartion, law enforcement, or related field. including at
least two (2) years as an Organizational Performance Analyst.
- Serve as Project Lead for at least three (3) large projects.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's license.
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Knowledge of law enforcement operations, procedures, systems, and software.
- Knowledge of statistical research, analysis, and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problem-solving.
- Skill in applying mathematical and statistical methods.
- Ability to interpret, compare, and analyze law enforcement information and process large raw data sets.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, and the public.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and use rational judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to deliver formal presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position.
- Strong skills in data visualization, mapping, and story telling.
- Strong skills in open data, including API development.
- Strong skills in data analytics, including but not limited to database management, relational databases, geospatial analysis & statistics.
- Preferred knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online.
- Preferred knowledge of statistical packages that may include R or Python-statistical programming.
- Preferred skill and experience in machine learning and predictive analytics.