ABOUT THIS POSITION
THIS IS A CRITICAL POSITION. During the current health crisis, any job interviews will be held by video or audio conference.
Please be aware that you may be required to undergo screening for symptoms of COVID-19 which may include answering questions regarding symptoms or having your body temperature read as part of this job. You may also be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lead Business Systems Analysts perform the highest level of systems analysis and design of enterprise and department specific business systems applications. The classification is responsible for providing the highest level of technical expertise in the analysis, installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of various software systems.
Currently, there is a vacancy in the Law Department. These positions are responsible for supporting all phases of projects, programs, and initiatives while facilitating requirements management. Areas of support include but are not limited to: overseeing business and technical requirements gathering, analysis, measurement, improvement, solution design, assessment, validation, acceptance testing, installation planning, training, implementation and control initiatives. These positions are responsible for a multitude of roles/responsibilities and perform other duties as assigned. Typical responsibilities include: communicating clearly with stakeholders, sponsors and project teams; bridging the communication gap between the business and technical staff by providing accurate business/technical requirements, business process mapping, data integration points, facilitating gap analyses, analyzing/validating business solutions and contributing to other written business deliverables necessary to increase the business value and/or ensure quality of services and solutions.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst is a leadership position and may include oversight of staff to work directly with customers, project managers, project team members, enterprise architects, business decision makers, service owners, and business process owners to help the business implement and sustain quality business solutions. Work will be planned and coordinated with stakeholders, end users, and programmers, as well as the department IT Project Manager. Projects will involve multiple departments and/or agencies and will require project direction to outside consultants.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
To excel in this position, the ideal candidate should be an experienced professional with in-depth knowledge of business processes and business system analysis techniques. The candidate should also be dedicated and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should have the capability to work on their own with little to no supervision. The candidate should be fully proficient in MS Visio and have knowledge in MS SharePoint to include modifying change requests, reporting and process flows and have an understanding of civil and criminal legal business processes.
$65,083 - $98,862 annually.
A candidate must have substantial relevant experience to be hired above the midpoint of the salary range.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Five years of experience in systems analysis, configuration, and testing of enterprise applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- This is a salaried/exempt position and incumbents must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Seven years of current and progressive experience as a functional lead analyst, in a Business or Technical role.
- Experience with cross functional teams supporting large departmental and enterprise-wide programs/projects.
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Experience working in a civil and/or criminal legal environment.
- Process mapping/modeling experience in at least one formalized standard.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification and experience with software delivery methodologies.
- Six Sigma Training and/or Certification.
- PMI CAPM or PMP Certification.
- Undergraduate Degree in Management and/or Criminal Justice.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
First review of applications will occur the week of August 3, 2020. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications or on August 17, 2020, whichever is sooner.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.