Nature of Work
This is advanced professional and managerial work in supporting policing strategy, continuous improvement and change management as outlined in the GRPD strategic plan. The scope of this work provides managerial assistance and leadership support to the Chief of Police, to include Budget administration, Fleet and Facilities, and Information Technology functions. Duties will involve management of the department's Performance Management System and administrative oversight of the budgeting process.
- Provides assistance with the management and administration of the budget planning policies, procedures, and budget implementation processes; manages the Performance Management System and the review of departmental budget requests and financial reports; prepares City Commission agenda items;
- Conducts analyses of budgets and policies as needed; prepares and submits reports with recommendations.
- Provides assistance for research, program design and strategic planning; develops and prepares documents for public information publications and programs.
- Manages and supervises the daily operations of an office of professional and clerical support staff including evaluation, counseling and training of employees as needed.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in business or public administration, economics or related field
- Six years of progressively responsible professional experience in budget analysis and planning, including supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Master’s degree in finance, business or public administration
- Experience with strategic planning, departmental performance management, FOIA & Information Technology, Facilities and Fleet Management