$4,641.87 - $5,590.00 Monthly
DEADLINE TO APPLY
1/21/2019 5:00 PM
The City of Hayward is excited to announce its recruitment for the position of Administrative Assistant I (Secretary).
To perform a wide variety of responsible secretarial and clerical duties for an assigned division.
The City of Hayward currently have opportunities available for an Administrative Assistant I (Secretary) in the following departments:
- Hayward Police Department
- Public Works - Engineering and Transportation
- Utilities and Environmental Services
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Respond to public inquiries, both on the telephone and in person, and refer to appropriate staff member for more specific information as appropriate; exhibit familiarity with functions of the city.
Assist in preparing procedures, operating manuals, written material, budgets, forms, charts and/or other documents for internal or external distribution.
Act as information source to inquiries not requiring the supervisor's attention and otherwise assist in representing the division telephone and in person.
Type letters, reports, memoranda and other documents relating to the division which may include contracts, proposals, technical documents, statistical and/or special forms, budgets, and charts.
Compose routine correspondence and memoranda; proofread for accuracy, correct form, content and proper English usage.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Two (2) years of responsible secretarial and clerical experience.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Typing Certificate: A typing certificate with 50 net words per minute must accompany your application.
1. Certificates will be accepted from a public school, business school or temporary agency; certificates from Internet testing services and/or home computer CD testing will NOT be accepted.
2. Typing certificate (or signed statement on official letterhead from the testing agency) must be dated no earlier than six (6) months prior to the date of the application filing.
3. Typing certificate (or signed letter) must state all of the following information:
· Five (5)-minute timed typing test.
· Gross typing speed in words per minute.
· Gross number of errors.
· Net words per minute.
Candidates must submit a completed City of Hayward job application and typing certificate, which fully describe the nature of their professional experience and qualifications. Be sure to scan and attach a copy of your typing certificate to your on-line application; however certificates may also be emailed to email@example.com, no later than January 21, 2019. Please be sure to indicate your first name and last name in the email and the position the typing certificate should be applied to. Applications submitted without all required materials will not be considered.
A complete job description and list of duties can be found at:
Job Announcement and application URL: